Epion Tablet (Sedative)
This product consists of 3 prominent herbs, Valerian, St. John's Wort and Passion. Human clinical trials show that the plant Valerian has sedative effects, which are mostly related to its volatile oils. Biochemical studies show that Valerenic Acid in this herb inhibits Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) catabolism in the synaptic connections in the central nervous system. This leads to high concentrations of GABA in the brain tissue which causes sedative effects. The antidepressant effects of St. John's Wort are due to its Hyperforin compounds, which inhibit the absorption of norepinephrine, dopamine, glutamate, and GABA. Also, Bioflavonoids and Amentoflavone that are found in this plant, inhibit serotonin receptors, particularly 5- HT (1D) and 5—HT(2C). In addition, it reduces Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and the release of Interleukin 6. Furthermore, the anxiolytic and sedative effects of Passion are due to Flavonoids including Apigenin and Chrysin, which bind to GABA receptors A and inhibit the reuptake of GABA neurotransmitters. Finally, GABA concentration increases leading to soothing and anxiolytic effects.
Depression & Sedative Drugs
Depression is one of the characteristics of some psychological syndrome, including a major depressive disorder. It may be a natural reaction to life events like the deaths of those around, effects of physical ailments. Also the side effects of the consumption of some medications and medical treatments. sedative drugs can be chemical or natural and herbal.
It’s interesting to know that depression is more common among women than men. The causes of depression have not yet been determined.
No one has accurately found its origin. Scientists believe that mental, environmental, biological and genetic factors cause depression together. Anxiety medication should be follow up.
Depression affects your attitude, feeling, and behavior. Depression can cause a variety of physical and mental illnesses. Individuals suffering from depression may be unable to perform their daily tasks and feel that life is not worth. In contrast to the notion of Persons, the depression is not just weakness. we cannot simply ignore it. A chronic illness, such as diabetes, hypertension which you can Apply to cure it.
There is usually a disease of depression in the teens or between the second and third decades of life. but there is no limit to it and people of all ages may suffer from depression. The number of women infected with depression is usually twice. Also, it has not been accurate about depression and may have been caused by more female visits to doctors.
Herbs as a natural antidepressant
Scientists have found that Valerian can increase the rate of Gamma-aminobutyric acid in the brain. Gamma-aminobutyric acid in Valerian helps regulate the activity of neural cells and reduce anxiety. Medicines like Alprazolam and diazepam acts with an increase in the Gamma-aminobutyric acid levels in the brain which it finds in Valerian. Valerenic acid and Valerenol in Valerian act as an anti-anxiety agent. It is very wonderful that Valerian has a similar effect as chemical drugs on reducing anxiety without side effects.
The Valerian properties are similar to anti-depressant drugs and are one of selective serotonin adsorption inhibitors.
The St Johns-wort is very good for those now suffering from insomnia and nervous lack of sleep. The soothing effect of this St Johns-wort causes easy sleeping at night and St Johns-wort improves the quality of the sleep.
* Anxiolytic and antidepressant
* Treatment for neurologic sleep disorders
* Treatment for neurological spasms
30 Tablets – 350 mg
* St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum L) extract
* Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnate L) extract
* Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) extract
* Hypericum perforatum L (hyperforin, flavonoids: biflavonolids and amentoflavone).
* Passiflora incarnata L (flavonoids: apigenin and chrysin).
* Valeriana oflicinalis (volatile oil, sesquiterpenes such as valerenic acid, and caffeic acid derivatives).
* Children between 6-12 years old:Take 1-3 tablets a day after consulting with a physician.
* Adults: 1-2 tablets 3 times a day (maximum dose is up to 5 tablets a day).
* In case of insomnia: 1-2 tablets should be taken with liquids 1-2 hours before sleep.
* Valeriana oflicinalis: Human clinical trials show that the herb, Valeriana oflicinalis, has sedative effects, which are mostly related to its volatile oil.
Biochemical studies show that valerenic acid inhibits GABA (gamma—Aminobutyric acid) catabolism in the synaptic connections in the central nervous system. This leads to a high concentration of GABA in the brain tissue which causes sedative effects.
* Hypericum perforatum L: The antidepressant effects of this plant are due to its hyperforin compounds, which inhibits the absorption of norepinephrine, dopamine, glutamate and GABA. Also, Biflavonolids and amentoflavone that are found in this plant, inhibits serotonin receptors, particularly 5-HT (1 D) and 5-HT (2C). In addition, it reduces corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) and the release of interleukin 6.
* Passiflora incarnata L: The anxiolytic and sedative effect of this plant are due to the flavonoids that include apigenin and chrysin, which bind to GABA receptors A and inhibit the reuptake of GABA neurotransmitters. Finally, GABA concentration increases leading to soothing and anxiolytic effects.
* Children under 14 years old.
* During pregnancy and breast-feeding.
* Individuals that have skin sensitivity to sunlight should avoid using this drug. If used, they should be less exposed to UV radiation.
This drug does not have any particular type of adverse effect. Although, a few reports show that there were gastrointestinal problems, allergic reactions, and sedation, in the beginning of this treatment.
Should not be used concurrently with anticoagulants such as heparin and warfarin.
Concurrent use of this drug with digoxin is not recommended.
Concomitant use of this drug with benzodiazepines and barbiturates increases the sedative effects.
Concurrent use of this drug with drugs metabolized by cytochrome P450 may decrease the concentration of drugs such as oral contra-ceptives, cyclosporines, anticonvulsants, and carbamazepine.
Concomitant use of Epion with serotonergic drugs (nefazodone, paroxetine) and SSRIs may increase effects such as nausea, vomiting and agitation.
The use of this drug with theophylline, verapamil, simvastatin, and midazolam, can decrease their pharmacological effects.
Consult with a physician if this drug is used simultaneously with drugs consisting of the same mechanism (MAO inhibitors).
Concurrent uses of this drug with inhibiting and immunosuppressive drugs (cyclosporine, tacrolimus, and sirolimus), protease inhibitors or non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) that are used to treat HI\L and cytostatic drugs except monoclonal antibodies, are not recommended.
* Avoid cutting the tablet in half.
* This product can be used at anytime.
* It is not recommended to use this product concurrently with alcohol.
* When working with heavy machinery, there is a chance of sleepiness for individuals that use this drug for the first time.
* Store at room temperature (15-30ºC).
* Protect from direct light and heat.
* Keep out of the reach of children.